Wednesday, August 22, 2012

True love stories never have endings....

Long time no see! Hard work and an amazing surprise took me off of my crafts for a while. But it was worth it ;-) We are planning our wedding for the beginning of 2014! Will be continued....

~ ♥ Happily Engaged ♥ ~


~ ♥ Happily Engaged ♥ ~

-------

Now, Back to buisness! I've recently picked up an old craft which I started when I was about 8 years old: Friendship Bracelets! Friendship Bracelets are amazing to make, you put a lot of time in them but they are beautiful and you have a vast range of colours and patterns available! Have a look:


 






 These are my most recent projects. some of them are for sale in my Etsy store!


In order to share my experience I've just updated my website with a new page on friendship bracelets. Some history, the materials you need and some links to help you on the way with making your own bracelets! Have a look: 



-----------

Making jewelery is a very nice DIY! although I am not an expert, I had a go at making some earrings and beaded bracelets. When you have the right tools, ik can be great fun to make your own pair of earrings! I loved how you suddenly got so much artistic freedom in what you could will be wearing the next day and not just be limited to what the jellewery shop offers! Here are some of my creations:








You can find some more of my jewellery in my Etsy Store!

Just something to remember: When making your own jewellery, make sure that you know which material your components are made of. Look out for components containing Nickel or Lead. Many people (including me) are allergic to these components. Reports exist of jewellery containing small amounts of lead, which can be toxic.

Happy Swapping and Crafting! 

Jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment